Merits and Demerits of Hydro Power Plants Nepal : Geological and Hydro logical Condition
Merits/Advantages of Hydro Power Plants Project in Nepal
Hydroelectricity enjoys several advantages over most other sources of electrical power. These includes:
- A high level of reliability, proven technology, high efficiency, very low operating and maintenance costs and the ability to easily adjust to load changes.
- As many hydro power plants are located in conjunction with reservoirs, Hydro Power Plant often provide water, flood control and recreation benefits. Often large dams become site of tourist attraction.
- In addition, hydro power does not produce waste products that contribute to air quality problems, acid rain, and green house gases. It is a renewable resource that reduces the use of other fuels (oil, gas and coal ).
Here are the list of the some limitation of hydro power in Nepalese Geological and hydrology condition.
- High initial costs of facilities.
- Changes in steam regimens ( can affect fish, plants and wildlife by changing stream levels, flow patterns and temperature. )
- Inundation of land and wildlife habitat (due to creation of reservoir ) : and displacement of people living in the reservoir area.
- Failure of large dams may bring catastrophe killing lives and destroying properties.
- The building of large dams can cause serious geological damage. For example the building of the Hoover Dam in the USA triggered a number of earth quakes and has depressed the earth’s surface at its location.
merits of Hydro power plants + merits of hydro power plants nepal + Hydro Power Plants Nepal merits + Hydro Power Plants Nepal pdf + Hydro Power Plants Nepal name lists + Hydro Power Plants Nepal ppt + Hydro Power Plants Nepal NEA + Hydro Power Plants Nepal notes + Hydro Power Plants Nepal private + Hydro Power Plants Nepal challenges + merits of Hydel Nepal + demrits Hydel Nepal + Hydro power Nepalese Geological condition + hydro power nepalese hydrology condition + khulekhani Hydro power plant + kaligandaki hydro power